Portobello Goulash Sauce
- 2 medium onions, minced
- equal volume of portobello mushrooms (chopped)
- several tablespoons nut oil (peanut works nicely)
- 4 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 small tomato, sliced in half
- 2 italian long pepper (can substitute green bell pepper) rings
In a small sauce pan combine:
- nut oil
- some salt (I use about ¼ tsp here)
Saute on medium heat with good stirring until the onions let down, and just start to turn brown. Remove pan from heat and mix in all the paprika very thoroughly. Add chopped mushrooms and combine thoroughly. Place back on heat and add a "bit" of water. Just enough until you see it .. probably not more than 50ml or so. Put the tomato halves in the center, the pepper rings in, and sprinkle on perhaps 1/8 tsp of pepper. Cover and simmer on very low for 30 minute, stirring once or twice. At the end, stir and salt/pepper to taste!
Have a favorite mushroom recipe? Share it here!