Articles & Information
We love mushrooms and we know you do, too! Whether you’re an expert mycologist (like Paul Stamets!), a cook who loves working with edible wild mushrooms, or someone who enjoys a stroll in the woods, as a community of mushroom...
Fungi Perfecti is now a Certified B Corporation™, joining a growing group of businesses around the world committed to creating a more sustainable future through conscientious choices, transparency in operations, and corporate responsibility. What is a B Corporation? The “B”...
Often referred to as “The Smart Mushroom,” Lion’s Mane is one of the most well-known beneficial mushroom species world-wide. With important benefits for brain health, like supporting memory, cognition, and mental clarity, Lion’s Mane is a popular supplement choice among...
- The mycelium and fermented substrate - also known as ‘mycelium biomass’ or ‘myceliated grain’ - is a unique ingredient that has been converted as mushroom mycelium consumes and ferments a food source, whereas a ‘filler’ is an inactive ingredient that serves to add weight or bulk to the main ingredient. But the substrate, once fermented, is actually immunologically active and complements the health-supporting benefits of the mycelium.*
- When you purchase beneficial mycelium-based supplements from Host Defense® Mushrooms™, you are supporting impactful sustainability efforts and climate positive action!*
- MycoBrew® Coffee, Matcha, Cocoa, and Mocha are specially-crafted, flavor-forward formulations that offer a premium taste experience, available in both grab-and-go packets and bulk canisters.
- Mycelium and mycological applications have enormous potential to benefit the health of both people and planet.
- You can grow a variety of gourmet mushrooms on logs and stumps, using our Mushroom Plug Spawn. Here's an overview of the growing process, common tree types and the mushrooms that can be grown on them, as well as other considerations when selecting wood.